Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Don't give up ..your pain not be just in your head !


DIARY : Saturday, 13 August 2011 at 14:10 ·
Please encourage anyone who has suffered long term headaches to persue a diagnosis - despite many MRIs and Ct scans since 2004 .. a very dangerous cavity infection was overlooked in my case and would urge anyone to as to see the actual scan and have a proper understanding of what is a normal scan and what to look out for  etc ..
The surgeon said he had never seen anything like it , those who operated on me were distressed and upset and I had 5 independent very apologetic doctors who insisted on an emergency biopsy ,and chronic abscess drainage , Iv treatment and another week long stay in a hospital bed  .
Now I have to wait 3-4 weeks for the main site of the infection to clear as there was no clear warning to this infection , it has eroded my frontal sinus and around the orbit of my eye and was steadily eating its way through the soft tissue protective layer to my brain . Sadly they lost the biopsy result so will undergo that again as soon as I am a but stronger . In the meantime what puzzled the doctors is how I have survived with the in my system for so long without so much as a fever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment