Saturday, 7 July 2012

Keep on shining


Bev who showed us how to crochet.
Karen showing Chloe some of her amazing artwork.
We have had a very busy couple of weeks, my daughter had her 12th birthday and I went along to her annual parade and inspection . It was a lovely sunny afternoon and the girls looked very smart indeed and it was great to hear the bagpipes and band and watch the marching. My 16 yr old had his prom so I went off to buy his prom outfit with him and felt very prod as he boarded the double decker bus with his friend for such a fun evening. My 11 year old had his end of year Disco and he adores Johny English so we set about hunting down a suitable 'costume' so he cold look like his 'hero'. He came home last night pleased as punch that everyone loved his outfit.  I have also been busy homeschooling my 7 yr old , we managed a sensory visit at this years London excel Autism show and came away with lots of ideas.
We finally got our education otherwise pack and have buckled down to enjoy some time together. This included a trip to the newly opened Lounge in Fareham for networking mummies. Where we enjoyed taking part in some amazing art and met a lovely lady who will be showing us how to make crochet and knitted hair accesories on a mum an daughter event over the Summer.
 I also went along for a cupcake making course with the Camberley Mummies group and met some talented artists who create the most beautiful cake art . I came away having decorated 3 cakes and my children were very excited to see and taste the resulting artwork.
Cake decorating with pampered chef Leonie.
On a health front I have been back to hospital for my transit study , been for more blood results, ct scans, mri and xrays. But no real news as yet. But I am able to set my own pace and rest or nap when I need to and this makes me a lot happier as I learn to adjust my expectations.
Today I am off to help out at my local church facepainting . I took a facepainting course several years ago and as a youth and young adult did back stage make-up for many productions right up until I was 26. My daughter who is now 15 spent many a night back stage sleeping in her moses basket as I bobbed in and out with make up and props. Of course now she has learned to do my make up and her brother has just finished his hairdressing course so I get the pampering these days .
Well I best go and get myself moving , hope you are all having a fun weekend . If you are on facebook pop over to my page where I post more regularly with home made fingerpaint recipes, energy muffin recipes and even home made facepaints .. I am always looking for ways to save money, time and keep my house chemical free .

No comments:

Post a Comment