Saturday, 3 November 2012

Testing ..testing and more testing..

For the last 8 years I have had a number of unusual tests checking on my autoimmune deficiency ,my fibromyalgia and my over all health. The amazing thing it that whilst the doctors are baffled at my relapse and remitting chronic infections I am still confident that one day they will give me the test result I long to hear - All tests are normal please go and enjoy the rest of your life !
This week I had my tumour marker results and thought I would add a link for those of you who follow my blogs to explain a little as to what the test is for ;
 Photo

Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a glycoprotein, which is present in normal mucosal cells but increased amounts are associated with adenocarcinoma, especially colorectal cancer. CEA therefore has a role as a tumour marker. Levels exceeding 10 μg/L are rarely due to benign disease.[1]
  • Less than 25% of patients with disease confined to the colon have an elevated CEA level. Sensitivity increases with advancing tumour stage. However, poorly differentiated tumours are less likely to produce CEA.[1]
  • CEA values are increased in approximately 50% of patients with lymph node disease. Values are elevated in 75% of patients with distant metastasis.[1











This week has passed by incredibly quickly with all 6 of us at home we have been busy carving pumpkins, making home made soup and baking home made pie. It has been wonderful having everyone home with me and I cannot believe the week has come to an end. On Monday we step back into the real world and I head back to hospital for more tests. But I just wanted to share some lovely photos from the last week and send some virtual hugs to all of you that follow my blogs and keep me company x

No comments:

Post a Comment